Cabinteely House dates back to 1769 when it was built for Robert Nugent (Lord Clare). The property is now owned by DunLaoghaire Rathdown Councty Council and in 2011 the stables were converted into tea rooms.
Oldstone Conservation were engaged by P J Hegarty to form new structural openings and strengthen the existing façade using Helifix reinsforcing.
The works involved forming a large new door opening the existing 600mm thick stone wall. This involved the temporary support of the wall and forming of a cast insitu reinforced concrete beam and reveal.
A new window opening was also created with brick head and reveals to match in with the existing.
A stainless steel window suport was manufactured and installed to strengthen an existing window opening.
Elsewhere Helifix bars were installed to stitch existing cracks evident on the masonry walls.