The origins of the temple building at All Hallows is unknown however it is thought to originate back to the same period as when Drumcondra House was built (1726). The purpose of the structure was as a folly or possibly a miniature mock-up building for a larger house design. The structure consists of an ornately designed Portland stone façade with the remainder of the walls constructed in random rubble stone (Calp limestone).
Oldstone Conservation was engaged by Cathal Crimmins Architects as Main Contractor to undertake repairs to the Main façade and perimeter walls.
Scaffold was erected around the existing structure taking cognisance of the presence of school children attending an adjacent school.
The main Portland Stone façade has three openings and all three exhibited cracks in the carved stone heads. Once sufficient temporary propping was installed all three heads were replaced with new carved stone heads that matched the original detail. The façade was gently cleaned using steam.
The three perimeter walls behind the main façade required vegetation removal, repointing and in some localised areas the walls to be rebuilt. The existing wall capping was removed and replaced with a flaunched lime mortar capping.